Tourists visitting Tra Que Village are often fascinated by watching the farming procedures of local farmers, including: raking the ground, sowing, watering, picking vegetables and many other activities which are rarely seen in modern daily life. Moreover, tourists can listen to people talking about organic farming techniques and try their hand at actual farming. The farmers don’t use chemical or fertilisers but a kind of algae found only in a lagoon in Tra Que. Thanks to this technique, Tra Que herbs and veggies are widely recognized for their quality, safety and especially outstanding taste and flavour.
Detailed Itinerary Of Tra Que Village - Being Reality Farmer
08:30 am: Pick up at hotel lobby (the area of Hoi An) by bike.
- Lead customers to the market: Introducing for guest the dishes will be learn in the cooking class and the ingredients. Guests will visit a lots of sale shops: Fish ( Name of fish and how to cook), vegetables ( Name of vegetables and good methods), meats (Pork, Beef), Spices (name of some spices)…..and Fruits shop.
- Continues to Tra Que herbs village.
II. Welcome at Tra Que Water Wheel:
- Cold towels
- Welcome drink (Special drink Water Wheel)
1 / Program of Farming tour: (Traditional hat and Farmer’s cloth)
- Visit the Vegetable village
- Tour guide will introduce the history of the village
- Visit the Tra Que herb village and riparian ecosystem of the local people as: (Picked up seaweed to fertilizer for vegetables, visit the ponds, fish, drop buffalo, chicken, duck ...)
- Join in plant vegetables together with local farmers. (picking up seaweed, digging, land boarding, making beds, tranplanting vegetables, watering
- Soak foot, relax by some herb in Tra Que vegetable garden after farming tour
- Enjoy a light food before you join in the rice paper making.
2/ Program of Rice paper making tour:
- Make the fire by yourself, hanging the molds rice paper, pour the water to oven.
- Guestwill be introduce and learn how to wash the rice, soak the rice and grind the rice by traditional methods
- Learn to make rice paper and enjoy your products.
3/ Program of Cook class:
- Guest will learn how to make some flower, animals from tomato, carot…
- Cooking class: how to chop onion, garlic, marinated for some local food: Tam Huu, Local Pancake, Papaya salad and enjoy what you have cooked, some more food in the menu.