Please note: There are two main routes for the tour after you depart the market, depending on the tour guide and water level.
- 7:45am: Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to your boat at Ho Chi Minh City’s central pier, Bach Dang.
- 8:00am: The boat departs and you slip away from downtown Saigon via narrow canals, and enter the verdant green tributaries of the Mekong Delta. A light breakfast is served on board.
- 8:45am: Enjoy a brief stop at the ornate, over water Tuong Van Pagoda, while your guide explains the importance of Buddhism to many people of the Delta.
- 9:30am: Visit a bustling, colourful riverside market full of local curiosities, tropical fruits and all manner of fish and shellfish. Great photo opportunities
- 10:30am: Reach the idyllic watery expanses of the Delta itself, known as the ‘Delta of Nine Dragons’ for the 9 tributaries that splinter from the main Mekong River.
- 10:45am: Turn off the delta into small, winding canals of the Thu Thua area, shaded by a canopy of foliage as you drift along lazily.
- Depending on the route, you will visit a local pottery workshop, a traditional riverside house with huge Burmese pythons as pets, a quaint Mekong village and surrounding rice paddies, and then a traditional farmhouse where you’ll sample coconuts and Mekong whisky.
- Or you will visit a local merchant and try a range of Mekong produce, like some whisky and wines. You’ll walk along the banks of the river to a traditional rural Vietnamese house where 3 generations live, before exploring a charming village where you can try fresh coconuts from the tree.
- This variation provides fascinating insight into life in the Mekong Delta region.*Please note: Our tours are flexible. Your guide may combine parts from both routes.
- 12:30pm: Enjoy a traditional Mekong Delta lunch at a local pagoda prepared by our private chef. After lunch, you will visit an orphanage run by Buddhist monks.
- 01:30pm: Visit a colourful Cao Dai Temple.
- 02:30pm: Return to the speedboat and depart for Ho Chi Minh City.
- 04:00pm: Arrive back in Ho Chi Minh City. Les Rives’ staff will return you to your hotel by car.Please note that due to the individual nature of the tours, times are approximate and can vary slightly.
Speedboat, Rowing Boat, Shuttle Bus, Local Boat