There is no doubt that the tourists have fallen in love with Mekong Delta: its beautiful landscapes, diverse culture, iconic floating markets, dazzling flowers, vast fruit orchids and wonderful water world. There are endless things to see and do. So, how about overnight stay on the Mekong in style ? If you’re wondering how to have the perfect trip to the Mekong Delta, here’s our guide…
Why you should choose Mekong luxury cruises?
Booking a luxury cruise provides you with in-depth insights into all Mekong Delta has to offer. There are many options including the Mekong Eyes cruise, the Mekong Eyes Classic, Dragon Eyes, and Gecko Eyes.
If you plan to stay 1-3 nights on the cruise, choose the Mekong Eyes Explorer or the Mekong Eyes Classic. They are excellent overnight boat trip on the Mekong . You also experience an outside bar, lounge, restaurant, and a panoramic river view as well as admire stunning sunsets.
Alternatively, the Mekong Eyes Classic features a rustic interior with wooden ornaments and modern facilities. This design brings guests a sense of nostalgia, comfort, and convenience. As the cruise travels along the river, tourist will travel iconic spots including Can Tho Floating Market and Cai Be Commune, and explain how the Mekong Delta inhabitants live.
Moreover, you can sit on the sampans, enjoy the northern Mekong Delta river breeze, ride bicycles along small paths beside the canal, sample food directly from the floating market, and learn how to cook Vietnamese cuisine.
The Dragon Eyes and Gecko Eyes cruises are designed with shallow and slender hulls allowing them to squeeze through smaller river tributaries. Though these cruises are smaller than the Mekong Eyes Classic and the Mekong Eyes Explorer, they are still well-equipped with safety features from Japan and Europe. The interior design is made by Vietnamese craftsmen and offers an insight into the rural Mekong Delta style.
🌴🌴🌴 Visit us to take the best deals for your cruise the Mekong in style Mekong Eyes Cruise on Mekong Delta
Tips to visit the Mekong Delta by cruise
The weather in the Mekong Delta is worth visiting all year round with these highlights:
- The best time to visit is from April to early June.
- From June to September, rainy season sets in and you can try different kinds of tropical fruits.
- From October to November, it is flooding season. However, for budget traveling, come at this time for the cheapest fish, vegetables and other delicacies.
- The dry season lasts from December to May and is the most beautiful time of year in a clear blue sky, paddy fields, tranquil ambiance, and the fresh air of the countryside.
👉👉👉One other way to explore Mekong Delta overnight 10 benefits of staying in a Mekong Delta homestay 2019
Packing and clothing
- Wear breathable clothes, bring a raincoat, sun cream, and water bottles to keep yourself hydrated against the humid Vietnamese weather.
- Use mosquito spray to avoid dengue fever which is most common during the rainy season.
- Book in advance. The cheapest prices are in October and November. During low-tide season, have a back-up plan on land in case you cannot travel buy boat.
- Wake up early to enjoy the floating market which runs from 4-5am every morning.
There is nothing better than swimming in a pool of a nostalgic cruise and looking out over the blue sky, river, and coconut trees while feeling the Mekong Delta breeze on your skin. Do not miss your chance to explore Mekong Delta when you do. Please share your thoughts no matter how weird or wonderful with Vinaday Go Resie.😄😄😄